- How do I apply for a puppy? First you need to submit an application at http://www.mush-puppies.com/puppy_application.html After submitting an application, you will receive an email. At that time, you can submit a deposit to hold the puppy of your choice, under the payment tab at, http://www.mush-puppies.com/html/payment_2009.html
- Where are you located? We are located in Millstadt, IL about 30 minutes South East of St Louis or 30 minutes South West of Scott Air Force Base. It’s also about 5 hours South of Chicago.
- When can the puppies go home? The puppies can go home the first Saturday, after they are 8 weeks of age. Our pick up time is between 1pm-4pm. The puppies are in our home. We have the pups' daily routine in addition to our own the rest of the week.
- Can I pick up my puppy? Yes, you can pick up your puppy the first Saturday after they turn 8 weeks of age. We are located in Millstadt, IL about 30 minutes from St. Louis.
- What if I can’t pick up my puppy at that time? We can have someone here specifically for your pick up day/time if you absolutely cannot make it at our scheduled time. There is a fee of $87.72
- Can you hold my puppy an extra week? Yes, we can care for your puppy as long as you need, until you can pick them up. We have a weekly care fee of $88.75
- Can I come visit my puppy? Yes, but only after they have received their vaccinations, which is usually around 7 weeks of age. It takes 4 days for vaccines to take effect, so visitation is at 8 weeks. This is the safest scenario for the health of the pups. Also, it is stressful on the mothers to have unknown visitors with their pups.
- Can I see the parents? Yes, the parents are always on the premises for viewing, if they have a litter on the ground.
- Will my puppy have blue eyes? All full blooded Siberian Husky puppies are born with blue eyes. Around 5 weeks of age, the pigment will begin to darken and change the eye color, if it is going to change. The majority of our pups will keep their blue eyes. There is a chance of bi colored eyes, brown and blue or green and blue. Very seldom will we have an amber or brown eyed pup.
- What will my puppy eat? Once the pups are weaned, they will be started on Royal Canin Medium Puppy. It is in a red and white bag and can be found at Petsmart and Petco. You can also do a search for your nearest dealer at www.royalcanin.com/us.
- Will I get updates about my puppy? Yes, we do bi-weekly updates when the puppy is 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age, usually on Sunday evening. This way you can keep track of the progress of your puppy. We do updated pictures at 4 and 6 weeks.
- What will my puppy come with? The puppies come with their collar, leash, microchip, toy, bone, blanket (with mothers scent), music cd (pups listen to Beethoven at bedtime), AKC application, microchip application, pedigree, copies of parent certifications, medical record with vet receipt(s) and Royal Canin puppy pack.
- Will my puppy be vaccinated? Yes, the puppies are vet checked and vet vaccinated at 7 weeks. Generally, it’s the standard Dhppc or Dhpcv. You will need to continue with their vaccinations each month until 4-5 months of age, at which time they will receive their annual vaccinations and rabies.
- Does my puppy come with a health guarantee? Yes, your puppy comes with a 3 year health guarantee against any genetic, life threatening conditions only as long as you continue the Nu Vet Plus supplement subscription as stated in said guarantee.
- What will I need to take my puppy home? It’s best to have another person with you. The puppy can sit in their lap. Your puppy will be scared and will generally nuzzle up and fall asleep on the ride. They have never been away from their litter mates. If you put them in a crate, they will cry because they do not know what is going on.
- Do the puppies come with Limited or Full Registration and what is the difference? Our puppies are placed as pets with Limited AKC Registration. With Limited Registration, basically you cannot breed or show in Conformation events. You can enter other AKC sanctioned events. With Full Registration, it includes all breeding and showing rights.
- Will my puppy be microchipped? Yes, your puppy will be microchipped. You will be given the paperwork to register the chip in your name.
- Will my puppy come with AKC Registration? You will receive the puppy’s AKC Registration Application with the puppy. You will need to submit the application to AKC to register your puppy.
- Can I name my puppy? Yes, you can change the name of your puppy at any time. Also, you can put your pups full registered name of choice on his AKC application.
- Can my puppy be shipped? Yes, the puppies can fly Priority Service on the airlines for $395. If the temperature anywhere along the route of travel will exceed 85 degrees, you will need to add the High Temperature Flight option of $87.72 so the puppy can travel in a climate controlled environment. If a puppy flies, they will come with a 28”x22”x21” airline approved crate (which is yours to keep), airfare, insurance and health cert. NO PUPPY IS EVER SEDATED TO FLY. We also offer ground shipping at $1.40 per mile. If you would like a crate on ground shipping, it would be an additional $70.