Process For Getting A Puppy:
If you are interested in a puppy, please submit an application under the Puppy Application tab.
- The earliest news about pending or current litters is posted on our website, www.mush-puppies.com and Puppy Find at www.puppyfind.com. Available puppies will be listed under the “Available Puppies” tab and the reserved puppies will be posted under the “Reserved Puppies” tab at www.mush-puppies.com.
- Fill out an application under the “Puppy Application” tab on our website, www.mush-puppies.com.
- Once your application is received and reviewed, you will be sent an email for approval.
- Submit your deposit under the “Payment” tab on our website, www.mush-puppies.com.
- Your deposit will hold the puppy of your choice on current litter(s) or your first choice on pending litter(s). If first choice is not available and you list a second choice, then second choice will be held for you. Deposit of $200 is nonrefundable, but may be transferred to a future litter under certain circumstances. Deposit only holds the puppy until it’s SIX WEEKS old, at which time the BALANCE PAYMENT IS DUE. If the balance payment is NOT RECEIVED, YOUR PUPPY WILL BE RELISTED AS AVAILABLE! (If the puppy you are interested in is six weeks or older then the entire amount of $895 must be paid in full to reserve the puppy.)
- Once puppies are reserved, regular updates will be sent to the new families.
- Balance of payment: Balance of payment ($695) plus tax, if applicable, is due NO LATER THAN WHEN THE PUPPY TURNS SIX WEEKS OLD. That is 42 days counted on a calendar starting on the puppy’s date of birth.
- Shipping Payment (if applicable): Shipping is $390 regardless of airline used (See Payment Page) to most anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States. (Alaska and Canada require a custom quote and we may not be able to ship there depending on particulars.) Shipping can be paid anytime, but must be paid NO LATER THAN 4 days prior to arranged flight date. Failure to pay on time will delay finalization arrangements and incur additional vet and shipping costs. (No checks for this payment as it does not allow sufficient time for clearance. Please allow plenty of lead time if mailing a Money Order. Online payments are acceptable up to this 4 day window.)
- At 7 weeks of age, puppies will go the vet for their final check up, first set of puppy vaccinations, worming and health certificate (if applicable). Your puppy will also be microchipped at this time.
- At 8 weeks of age puppies are ready for their new homes. Flights may be scheduled for any day of the week. Temperatures, available flights and hours of operation are the primary drivers for the flight date. I will try to work with my families for their preferred date but that may not always be possible. We usually schedule for Saturdays with our preferred airline servicing most major airports. But we may use another airline depending on flight or airport availability. We will try to get the shortest and most direct flight for your puppy, to minimize travel time. You will usually pick up your new puppy at the cargo terminal or inside the main terminal at the baggage service desk. I will email you pick up location and you will receive updated emails throughout your puppy’s flight.
- Additional fees of $86 per week are charged if you can’t take receipt of the puppy at the agreed upon litter departure date (normally the first Saturday after the puppy is eight weeks of age). (This is for additional vet visits and care.)
- Puppy visits and pickups are on Saturdays, by appointment only, generally between 1:00PM and 4:00PM Central time. NO EXCEPTIONS. By submitting an application for a puppy you agree to abide by the pup’s pick up time. We will no longer have pickups any day, any time. This is our home and our kids, animals, as well as ourselves have commitments that I will no longer change or cancel. We also would like to be able to feed our dogs, horses and have our own family dinner without interruption. My pups and dogs’ welfare are of the utmost importance to me and I will not continually interrupt their routines or our own because someone wants to bring grandma with them or doesn’t want to drive by themselves or someone wants to wait until the evening so they can bring everyone they know. A set pickup time minimizes my pups and dogs exposure to outside influences and disease. People can unknowingly bring in viruses, so we have to sanitize our home and nursery after every pickup. Otherwise viruses can be transferred to my pups, pregnant females and their future pups. Pick up is set for one day--for one block of time. It is the safest scenario for my pack. Please understand, I will not put any of my pups or dogs at risk for any reason.
- You must pay your Illinois Sales Tax with the Balance Payment at six weeks. This applies to EVERYONE picking up their puppy in person regardless of your state residence. It also applies to puppies flying to an Illinois address.
- If your situation changes to the extent that you are no longer able to provide for the puppy or dog you purchased from us, please let us know. We do not provide monetary refunds regardless of your reasons for not taking possession or keeping your puppy.
- If you have any questions, always feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.